Nidaros Cathedral Restoration Workshop

In 1869, the Nidaros Cathedral Restoration Workshop was founded with the purpose of restoring the Cathedral. Since then, the workshop has also received the responsibility for the restoration of the Archbishop’s Palace.

Today the Restoration Workshop has about sixty employees divided between actual restoration and publicity, which promotes the facility’s historical value through guided tours and special events for about 400,000 visitors every year.

The restoration department consists of the following units:

-Maintenance and security

-Research and scientific reports

-The workshops

The department of public services consists of the following units:

-Historical presentations and exhibitions

-Communication and marketing